Ducati 1098 F08 World Superbikes racer unveiled

Gestart door DeWitte, 03 juli, 2007, 19:29:20

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

DeWitte

Ducati 1098 F08 World Superbikes racer unveiled

Troy Bayliss rides the Ducati 1098 F08 racebike at the Misano circuit...

The 1098 F08 superbike, which Ducati will be racing in World Superbikes in 2008, was unveiled during the 2007 World Ducati Week at Misano yesterday. Troy Bayliss put in a few demo laps on the new bike, which is still in the development stage, at the Misano circuit.

Says Troy, 'I just saw the new 1098 for the first time yesterday. It looks and feels good and although it clearly doesn't feel like home after a couple of laps, I'm sure Ducati are moving in the right direction and it will be soon! I've still got a few things to concentrate on at the moment, like winning this year's title, but I'm really looking forward to testing the bike at a quieter moment in the future.'

Ducati have been racing the 999R in World Superbikes this year, but that will make way for the 1098 F08 in 2008. In keeping with new FIM regulations for 2008, we suppose the bike's engine capacity would be upped to 1200cc, but Ducati will have to run it in a lower state of tune (as compared to the 999R) and make do with standard con-rods, crankshaft and rocker arms.

...yielding place to the new! With the new 1098 racebike, sparks will fly in WSBK next year

Compared to 1000cc four-cylinder Japanese machines, the 1200cc Ducati twins will also have a slightly higher minimum weight limit and will have to run air restrictors. Rather confusingly, the FIM say that 'both these handicaps may change during the season depending on performance.' We still think the 2008 World Superbikes scene will be dominated by Ducati...

bron: faster and faster
Treat every problem as your dog would: If you can't eat it, fuck it or piss on it, then walk away

DeWitte

Treat every problem as your dog would: If you can't eat it, fuck it or piss on it, then walk away

Steefke™

:worship-cool: leuk speelgoed, gaaf tankje :wink: laast een soort gelijk tankje gezien in het grote bitubobos
Smells like rubber

Busaberke

Citaat van: "Dwars"the FIM say that 'both these handicaps may change during the season depending on performance.' We still think the 2008 World Superbikes scene will be dominated by Ducati...

bron: faster and faster

Het blijft een stinkend zaakje, dat Flamini-Ducati onderonsje!
Suzuki Hayabusa 1999
Triumph Tiger 2009